Friday, 17 December 2010

Blogtastic!

Hello!

I've been spending a lot of time recently reading and discovering new blogs, specifically of the crochet / knitting variety. In fact, I'm finding it quite addictive! There are so many talented people out there making incredibly beautiful things, it's very inspiring. The trouble is, I'm spending so much time reading them, I'm not actually getting on with any crafty stuff myself!

However, I have managed to drag myself away long enough to start what I hope will one day become a crocheted cushion cover! In my mind, I want one side of it to be made up of lots of little granny squares, and the other side to be one big granny square, a bit like the cat blankets that I posted about earlier. Whether or not it will end up like that, remains to be seen! I'm also pondering about what to do with the open end - I don't really fancy a zip, so I'm thinking something with buttons, but I'm not sure what. I probably should have some idea in advance of what I'm going to do, but I know that I'll spend forever looking on the internet for ideas and advice, and never actually get around to doing anything! So I've just kind of dived straight in, and I'm hoping that by the time I get to the final stages, I'll have decided what I'm going to do!

So, the cushion, or rather, the crochet. Well, this is where I was a few hours ago:

They're not the most exciting colours, but they kind of go together, and I think they'll at least compliment the colour of our sofa (which I don't really like, but we're stuck with it for now). Plus they were some of the biggest balls in my stash, so I'm hoping I won't run out (I don't think I'll run out of that brown one for about 4 years!)

My first square! I've actually done one more round of the dark brown wool; I'm going to do that on all the squares so that when they're joined, the brown will (hopefully) form the 'grid lines' of the square, if you see what I mean. I'm going to change the order of the other three colours so that I'll have a bit of a mixture, and (again, hopefully!) won't have two of the same next to each other. Assuming I've got enough wool left, I'll use the same colours in the big square for the other side. That's the plan anyway!!

As for the blogs mentioned above, I'm going to start listing some of my favourites over there on the right hand side. If you've somehow found me through your love of crochet, knitting etc you'll probably know about most of them already; if you want to recommend any to me that would be great, even though I can't get anything done for reading them! And please do leave me a comment, even if it's just to say hi, I'd love to hear from you! If you've got a blog or site, I'll visit you back! I'm a total newbie to the woolly stuff, so I'm completely in awe of all you crafty people and the things you produce. Any tips, advice, words of encouragement will be gratefully received!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...