Sunday, 2 January 2011

Bare...

We took our Christmas trimmings down this evening, and the place looks so bare now! It's strange that they're only up for about four weeks, but you get so used to them, don't you? We didn't even have many this time - some lights, bits of tinsel here and there, strings of cards and a few ornaments; we didn't even bother putting our tree up, because the cats just think it's for their benefit and spend every waking moment climbing it!! This was Mischief a couple of years ago, looking very pleased with himself:



 It isn't the climbing that bothers me though, it's when they jump out from the top and get tangled in all the lights and strings of beads!! Nightmare! So that's why we decided against it this year. However, I really missed having a tree in the end, so I think next time we'll just get a little one, one that isn't tall enough for them to climb...

I haven't done any crochet since finishing my 16th square a few days ago. I've been busy with other things, but also the next step is joining them together, which is something I'm going to have to concentrate on as it will be my first time! I didn't feel that a couple of hours in the evening was enough time for me to have a go at it, but I'm not at work tomorrow and I don't think we've got anything else planned, so I think I might settle down with Lucy's tutorial and have a try! I may post photos later, depending on my level of success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...