Monday, 3 January 2011

The Best Laid Plans...

Hmm, well, I didn't manage to crochet my squares together today. Time just got away from me. I have tied off all the loose ends though, so at least when I do get around to joining them I can get straight on with it without having to do that first. It isn't just a lack of time that's prevented me from joining them, it's also a lack of good light. I'm currently in our bedroom and even though I'm sitting right under the main light, I'm aware how dim it is. It doesn't help that the colour I'll be working with is a very dark brown. The light in the living room is a bit better, but not much, and as it's evening and my eyes are feeling a bit tired, I've decided it's probably best not to start it at all tonight, but leave it for another day instead. I may, however, do a few rounds of the 'big' granny square which will be the other side of the cushion, as I'll be working with a lighter colour and I don't need to concentrate as much on that. I'll see though.

One of the jobs I wanted to get done today was to sort out some of my books. A couple of years ago I joined a website called Read It Swap It which is kind of self-explanatory - you read a book, then you swap it for another - you just pay the postage. I've acquired loads of books that way, as well as buying them new or in charity shops, and when I've read a book, it will most likely go back onto RiSi to be swapped. However, I haven't used it for several months, partly due to the fact that our nearest post office inexplicably closed 'until further notice'. So I had a bookcase full of books that I'd read (or wasn't bothered about reading) but that weren't being swapped. After getting lots of new books for Christmas (and I may be getting more soon for my birthday) I thought I better have a sort out. So I've made a list of all the books I want to get rid of, and I'm going to see if my work colleagues want any. If not, they'll be getting bagged up and taken to a charity shop (the books, not the work colleagues!). That took me the best part of the morning, and I've been doing other bits and bobs too, hence the crochet not getting done.

In fact, while I was sorting out my books, I became distracted for a few minutes whilst trying to get shots of this little guy (or gal) who has become a regular visitor to our garden, and in particular, to the bird feeders:



So cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...