Friday, 4 February 2011

Lazy Days..

Hello again! I hope you're well?

I'm on annual leave today, which is just as well, because I feel crap! I think I've got a cold, but it's a bit of a weird one this time. I usually get a nasty head cold for about a week or more, and then if I'm really unlucky it all goes onto my chest and I end up with a chest infection which takes ages to shift. The last one I had was the end of October last year - I still had it when we went on holiday, and all that fresh Scottish Highland air seemed to cure me of it! That's a bit drastic though, I don't think I can just nip up to the West Coast at the moment! The reason it's a bit weird this time is that I seem to be getting all the symptoms in reverse - I've started with the chesty cough and had that for a few days, and then woke up this morning very stuffy and bunged up! I won't go into any more details but lets just say, I'm glad I'm not at work!

So I said that I'd try and take my monthly garden photos today, in daylight. It's been throwing it down all morning (although the sun's come out now) and it's very windy (as is most of the country, I think) so I'm afraid I'm being a wimp and not going outside! Instead, I threw open the bedroom window and took a few quick snaps, before Millie had time to realise what was happening and jump on the windowsill (Mischief would've been there in a shot, but luckily he was asleep elsewhere). And here they are:





Not much different to January, but I didn't really expect them to be. Hopefully March will look a bit more spring-like...

My flowers opened up the day after I bought them, and look lovely. I'd put them on the bookcase in the living room but they were kind of in a corner there, and not very noticeable, so after a couple of days I moved them onto the kitchen windowsill:


As you can see, that was taken earlier this morning when it was still bouncing down outside. They look more cheerful than they appear in this photo, honest!

I thought I should have a quick crochet update, although I haven't done any for a few days. I'm still doing the flat circle, but the trouble is, it's kind of refusing to lay flat at the moment! I don't know enough about crochet yet to know if there's a little trick to get it to lay flat again, I can't even work out whether it needs more stitches, or less, if you know what I mean. Or will I be able to get it flat if I block it when it's finished? If you have any tips, I'd love to hear them! I've decided to just carry on the way I'm going for now, and when I get to what I think is going to be last row or two, I might try something different, like changing the number of stitches, to see if that helps. In a way, it doesn't really matter because I think it's just going to hang over the back of the armchair, so it probably won't be obvious, but I'd still like to know how to get it flat, if possible. Anyway, here it is so far, just using up scrap yarn (plus a few of the freebies I've got with magazines, which I don't think I'd have used for much else):


I'm really happy with it, and I'm glad that I've learned a new stitch (it's all done in half-trebles).

Well, I think that's all for now. I might have some lunch and then watch this week's Silent Witness on iPlayer, as I completely forgot to watch it when it was on on Monday and Tuesday. I definitely feel like having a lazy day today!

1 comment:

  1. A lazy day sounds great, but alas school pick-up happens in a couple of hours so out into the wild weather I go. Your crochet circle looks great, like the colors. I just did one to put on the table and it wouldn't lay flat either so, I gently ironed it under a damp teatowel. Now its very flat, and looks ok. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...