Saturday, 19 February 2011

Not Again...

So, this is what we woke up to today:

and this:
 and this:
 and a bit more of this:

Lovely. Not. Have I mentioned that I'm fed up with winter now?? 'Cause I am.

It was possibly made more annoying by the fact that I had to go out in it. To the hairdressers, of all places. I still go to the same one that I used to go to when I lived at my parent's house, so it's not as if it's just down the street, it's about 15 miles away. I know that's nothing really, but you never know how much chaos a bit of snow is going to cause. I actually don't mind driving in it to be honest; in fact, I prefer driving to walking! I suppose snow makes a change though, because usually when you go to the hairdressers it's windy and rainy, isn't it?

I have long (middle of my back) brown hair, which is naturally curly, but which I straighten most days (thank god for GHD's!). I usually have highlights, but I've had a break for several months to try and let my last colour grow out, although I think it still had a few more inches to go. Anyway, I decided I'd go back to highlights again, and this is the result:


No it's not Cousin It from the Addam's Family, it's just me trying not to show my face! Not a great picture, hopefully it looks better than this really! I've just taken it this evening on my mobile, in the kitchen cos that's the brightest light! Basically, it's a mix of a quite vibrant coppery-red, violet and blonde. I'm happy with it anyway - the last few times I've been to the hairdressers, it hardly looked like I'd had anything done - at least I can see it this time!

I had another play with my macro extensions this morning, braving the snow (!) to try and get a few pics, but I didn't like my camera getting wet, so I wasn't out in it long:





And a couple more from inside - the leaf of a physalis plant that CJ has got on the kitchen windowsill:


and an apple, just because it was there:


Well, it's late and I need all the beauty sleep I can get! Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...