Saturday, 10 September 2011

Tonight's The Night!!

The glitz! The glamour! The sequins! The sparkles! Yes, it's Bingo Night down at my local pub!!




Only joking - it's Strickly Cum Dancin'!!

Tonight is the launch show, where I believe we'll get to find out which celebs (and Nancy Dell'Olio) are dancing with which pros.

Are you a fan, will you be watching? Or do you hate it with a passion?

A couple of years ago I was a big fan, mostly due to this man



who I had a bit of an unhealthy obsession with. In fact, I decided to write a blog about the show, which you can find here or over there in the sidebar - see the one called Millie-Moo and Chewbagga, named after my two cats?

I blogged about the whole of SCD 2009, although I kind of lost interest right at the end after Brian and Ali were voted off (Biased? Moi? Absolutely). The following year, I blogged about Brian's new show, Dancing On Wheels, which was all about the sport of wheelchair-dancing. And then I continued to blog about Over The Rainbow, Andrew Lloyd Webber's search for Dorothy.

September came around and so did the next series of Strictly, but by this point I was a bit fed up with it (partly because The Fortuna had quit) and blogging about it was taking up far too much time every weekend. I persevered to the end of the series, with an increasing sense of apathy, then called it quits.

I wasn't going to bother blogging this time around, I wasn't even sure I'd watch it. But then they revealed the celebs who are taking part, and THANKS FOR NOTHING, DAN LOBB!!! I think I'm going to have to watch it again. So, I might start the blog up again, but if I do, I don't think I'll be writing as much as I have previously, I just don't have time. But just in case you're not a Strictly fan, I'll try and keep the dancing talk away from this blog, and over there on Millie-Moo and Chewbagga.

Right, I'm off to slip into my ballroom gown and heels...

6 comments:

  1. I've never really got into it but I fancy doing it this time.
    My hubby wants to see Holly Valance in all her glory. So sad!!!!!!
    I really love Saturday nights, I always have, for cosying up on the sofa and watching X Factor etc.
    Hope you are well.
    Loads of love
    xx x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw him in my neighborhood the other day! I recognised this guy, with what I think was a minder with him, but couldn't place him till I saw your blog post! Funny! Is he likely to be in West London or am I totally mistaken?!?

    I shall be watching too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gem, I'm sure Holly Valance is going to attract a lot of male attention this series! I must admit, once Strictly starts it kind of feels like (dare I say it) Christmas isn't too far away!

    Hi kmmms, I suppose it's quite possible you saw Brian Fortuna. I don't know where he lives - I was never *that* obsessed ;-) - but I wouldn't be surprised if he was in London. Hope you enjoy the show anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you have two Aussies in that show!
    It sounds similar to our 'Dancing with the Stars'
    x Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Strictly on Sat. I think Lulu may wind me up but Jason D, my crush is back baby!!!!
    Brilliant!
    Thanks for your lovely comment re my daughter - bet she'll never need mascara!!!
    xx x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lot of fun - enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...