Saturday, 7 April 2012

Busy Busy!!!

Hello!!!

I haven't had much time for blogging recently, and I'll give you a clue as to why:


Yes, we're in the process of fitting a new kitchen! So there are boxes of flat-pack units EVERYWHERE, and it's all a bit chaotic. I do like a bit of 'self-assembly' though, and I'm quite impressed with myself because so far I've built nine units, almost all by myself (Chris attaches the hanging brackets or the legs, and generally goes round tightening all the screws because I'm a bit of a weedy weakling and I don't always get them tight enough, although I'm getting better at that). By the time we finish I'll have probably built, or helped to build, another six, I think. So I'll be very proud of this kitchen when it's all finished, knowing that it was mostly assembled by my own fair hands!

Tomorrow's jobs are capping off a gas pipe (we've decided to go fully electric, no more gas hob), taking out the remaining units on the oven/hob side of the kitchen and fitting the new ones, including fitting the new oven. Chris is trying to find someone who can make a good job of cutting the new worktop, so for now we'll have the old worktop put back on the new units, which will mean we'll be without the hob for a few days. But we can live with that. Once that side of the kitchen is done, it'll be onto the other side, which is where the sink is. I can't tell you how excited I am at the thought of getting a lovely stainless steel sink, because the one we've got now is a 'composite' one (if that's the right word?). It's a kind of cream colour, but it's quite badly stained (from the previous owners) and no amount of cleaning products or elbow grease has ever been able to clean it up. So I can't wait to get a new shiny sink that will be so much easier to keep clean!

So yes, it's going to be a busy Easter weekend, and coming few weeks too (we haven't even decided about tiles or flooring yet!), but I'll try and pop in when I can.

Bye for now!!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting...a new kitchen, so what will be the first meal you cook on your new hob, will have to be by candle light too you know. Have fun with it all and I look forward to the Ta Dahh!!
    xx Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...