Sunday, 22 April 2012

Sunday Morning

I was up before 7am this morning, basically because that's the time Mischief decided I should get up. His technique generally consists of walking around on my pillow and chewing my hair, trying to lick my nose (I cover my face with my hands, and then he tries to lick them instead) and then leaping over my head onto my side, or if I'm laid on my back, onto my belly, usually in the 'bladder region' which is pretty much guaranteed to make me get up and head straight to the bathroom. Which is what he wants, because he then goes and sits in the bath and pathetically tries to drink from the slightly dripping tap, as if he hasn't got a fancy flippin' water fountain thing in the kitchen!

But as you can see, I'm not bitter about getting up early on a Sunday morning. No siree, because I got all my ironing done first thing and now the rest of the day is mine!

So I'm sitting here doing a bit more of this:


It's ridiculously big already, in width, that is. I've decided that the only way it's going to be usable once it's finished is if we buy a king-size bed. We might need to buy a new house first though, with a bedroom big enough for a king-size bed. I don't know, the things we do for our art!! :-)

I'm also keeping an eye on my Ebay sales, which are due to finish imminently:


I'm selling some things for my mum, so that £30 (or whatever it ends up at) is for her. The £3.20 is mine though :-) I just wish the other items with watchers would get some last minute bids!

We've had some heavy showers this morning. When I took this photo the sky was still quite grey, but the sun was trying to come out, so the trees had that lush green look.


The sun did make it out eventually, and there must've been some warmth in it because I could actually see steam coming off the garage roof!

I am also in the company of two cats. Millie is sitting in the washing basket:

... because that is what cats do...
And Mischief-who-wanted-to-get-up-early is now...


... curled up asleep on the bed where, I imagine, he will remain for several hours, recharging his batteries so that he'll be wide awake again just as we're going to bed tonight.

I hope you're having a pleasant, relaxing Sunday morning too!

Bye for now :-)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely ripples, Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my cat, but my bedroom door is firmly shut at night for that very reason, also when she licks and scratches, the bed wobbles and shakes and wakes me up....that I do not like either. Your ripple is lovely colors.
    xx Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...