Sunday, 6 May 2012

Blue Skies

Well, to say we're supposed to be having the coldest May for 100 years, or something like that, today has been warm and sunny here in West Yorkshire, with a beautiful blue sky for most of the day.

I was doing my ironing this morning when Chris shouted up the stairs for me to look out of the window. I thought perhaps the heron from yesterday had returned, but actually it was this:


I was in the bedroom, with only the small window open slightly, and the balloon was quite a distance away, but you could still hear the burner thing (sorry, no idea what the technical name for it is!) every time they used it. I thought they were having trouble at one point, because they really did seem to be dropping in height, but eventually they'd slowly start to rise up again, so I guess they were ok. I've just googled 'vital resources' but, um, it's not very interesting. Sorry.


It might sound a bit odd, but I can't say I've ever seen many hot air balloons in my life. I know in some parts of the country there are special festivals, so I guess you get used to them if you live nearby, but I don't think there is anything like that in these parts. So it's always a little bit of an event to see one. I mean, I don't get ridiculously excited, it's more of a mildy interested, lets-watch-it-for-a-couple-of-minutes kind of thing. And maybe take a photo or two (or six!)

* * *

The kitchen has come on a bit more today. Some more worktop has been fitted, and the last corner unit has been removed, apparently with some difficulty, judging by the amount of swearing I could hear! The problem is that it's the corner where all the pipes come out of the boiler, and there's the gas meter too, so it was all a bit tricky.

A tangle of pipes!

I was building the new corner unit in the living room, but I could only do half of it because otherwise it wouldn't fit through the door into the kitchen. It'll have to be finished off in there, but there wasn't room today, and Chris had to get a mate in to help him cut off a length of unused gas pipe, so the plan is for the new corner unit to be fitted tomorrow. After that there are only three more units to build, and then we've done!! Chris has booked Tuesday off work, and he's hoping that by then he'll have finished all of that side, ie. cupboards in place, worktop in place, shiny new sink in place. Can't wait!!

* * *

Before I wrote this post, I tried to add a photo behind my title, and I got an error message saying something like I've exceeded my photo upload quota. Blogger has still let me upload the above photos though, so I'm not sure what that was all about - any ideas? I'm going to have another try, but if you've got any suggestions I'm all ears!

Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blue sky! We've had nothing but miserable grey for what feels like an age - makes me feel very grumpy. I had the same error message when I tried to change my blog header picture - I used to change it fairly regularly but for some reason blogger won't let me now, although like you say, seems happy to let me load post photos. I'm not techy clever enough to know how to sort it so have just left the old picture in place!! Let me know if you suss it out! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra, I know what you mean, we've had some very grey days too, so I was a bit surprised at how nice it's been today. The breeze was a bit chilly at times, but when it dropped it was lovely in the sun.

    I've managed to put a picture up behind my blog title, although I'm not sure if I like it now, so it might not stay! It seems that every photo you upload to your blog is stored in Picasa Web Albums, which is a Google site. They only allow 1GB of storage, and I'd reached my limit. I think it has to do with the size of the photos though - if they're under a certain size, they don't count. I tried to make my header pic a bit smaller, and also selected 'shrink to fit' and I think that's why it worked. It is a bit worrying though to reach the limit on photo storage - if you delete photos from Picasa Web Albums, they are deleted from your blog aswell, so that's not really an option. You can purchase more storage, but I don't want to do that. The only other thing I found is that if you upgrade to Google Plus (no payment involved), I think you get more storage, but again I think it's down to the size of the photos aswell.

    So I'll just have to keep an eye on it I guess. I definitely don't want to have to start deleting old photos to make way for new ones, that really defeats the object of blogging!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...