Sunday, 9 September 2012

Couple Of Things...

Hello!

It's Sunday and I go back to work tomorrow after a week off, so I'm a bit fed up, but I just thought I'd pop in and tell you about a couple of things...

Firstly, I've joined a Craft Club!! This is quite a big deal for me, because I am generally very very shy, and I'll find any excuse I can to stay at home and not 'put myself out there', so to speak. So the fact that I drove all the way there and walked in on my own and spoke to strangers etc is a big step (I know it probably sounds silly to anyone else, but there you go). I've only been to one meeting so far, earlier this week, and it's only held once a month so I've a little while to wait for the next one, but I am planning to attend if I can. It's not very local to me, but it's not far from where I used to live so I do know the area a bit and it's not difficult to get to. It's the first one I've come across which sounds like just my kind of thing - we meet up in a church hall, and there is tea, coffee and lots of cake provided!! I took my crochet blanket and managed a few rows; I was sitting at a table with some other women who were knitting, and one was teaching another one to crochet, although I don't think she was really getting the hang of it. I'd be happy to show people, but I don't think I'm very good at explaining things.

I did feel a bit left out because most people seemed to know each other, either from going to the club last month, or from being members of other groups or living near one another. But they were friendly enough, and I was quite happy sitting there just quietly getting on with my blanket, and occasionally chipping in to the conversation. At least next time I go, I won't be the 'new girl'.

* * *

The other thing I wanted to mention is that just over two weeks ago, I started a diet. It's called Celebrity Slim (stupid name!) and it's a meal replacement diet. It was actually Chris' idea; a woman he works with was doing it and had started losing weight, so he bought me a couple of the products to try. I said I'd have a go, so he paid for my first order online (I think you can buy it in places like Superdrug, but ordering in bulk online is easier). It's basically a reduced-carbs diet, so I've had to cut out bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and cereal - I was eating at least one of those things every day (breakfast cereal every morning, and sometimes for lunch and tea if I couldn't be bothered making anything else, and we were always having pasta bakes, curries etc). So I don't know if it's the Celebrity Slim products, or the reduced carbs, or a bit of both, but in my first two weeks I've lost eleven pounds, which I'm very happy with! I rarely feel hungry - I think part of that has been kind of 'retraining' my brain to not think about food so much, or to not see it as the answer to everything. You know, "I'm bored - what can I find to eat?", "I'm going to watch a film - what can I snack on?" etc... On the CS diet you're supposed to drink at least 2 litres of water every day, but I'm afraid I just can't manage that, although I wasn't doing bad when I was at work. Being at home this week though, and going over to my mum's a lot, has kind of messed up my routine a bit.

As well as the meal replacements, you're still supposed to have one balanced meal each day, and for someone who is not great at cooking, it's been interesting trying to create a meal without using bread, pasta, potatoes. I'm having a lot of chicken, mushrooms, bacon and eggs (not necessarily at the same time). I'm also having a lot more fruit and veg, which can only be a good thing.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know about Celebrity Slim, you might be interested in giving it a try. I'm not on commission or anything like that! To be honest, I'm normally sceptical of these type of diets and not convinced that they work. Even with this one, I think it's probably the fact that I've reduced my carbs which has made the biggest difference. I will say though, their range of shakes are delicious!! I have one for breakfast every day and I really look forwards to it!!


3 comments:

  1. Well done for getting to the craft club! I think its a big deal to go somewhere new on your own...I'm still a bit rubbish at it, had to steel myself this week to go to an induction session at the gym. Joining online was really easy, making myself walk up the stairs into a big shiny gym full of scary looking equipment was enough to make my heart rate go up! But as you say, once you've done it once... hope you make some like minded friends at the craft club xx Oh and good luck with the weight loss... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for your mum and her move, it's a big thing and can be quite stressful too. The craft group sounds great and good on you for going, I am like you too, quite shy, but as I have got older I am getting better. Congrats for losing the weight, you will be feeling so much better I bet, and just think of all the new clothes.....yay!!!!
    xo Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellooooooo, where are you?????
    xox Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...