Sunday, 24 March 2013

I've Already Used...

"It's Snow Joke" as a title before, so I guess I'd better not use it again. Just in case my blog is your only source of weather news (ha!) I thought I'd let you know that yes, it has been snowing here in our little corner of West Yorkshire.

Someone has braved the road, but it wasn't us





The garden, complete with snowdrifts!





drift



I hope my hyacinths are ok under there...


... and the daffs. I like how the snow has dripped through the holes in the table on the left...


Today the thaw has started...


the garden is reappearing, but it will take a while for that snowdrift to melt



Yes, we had heavy snow on Friday and overnight into Saturday, and it continued to snow for most of the day, although it was very fine, more like sleet. Today the sun has been out, and at times it was so bright that it hurt to look at the snow, but it does seem to have helped with the thaw. Having said that, I think more snow is forecast overnight again, although I don't think it's expected to amount to much, not here at least. We went for a drive over towards Selby this afternoon, and we were surprised at how little snow there seemed to be over there - I don't know why, but we just assumed that they would've had it worse than us.

Oh well, we've both got this week off work, so if we get any more snow, at least I don't have to worry about struggling through it at 6am!!

* * *

Guess how much crochet I've done recently? I'll tell you. Exactly this much - "           ". Yep, none. I was making squares, for another blanket, and I was really excited when I started, but then I had a little crisis of confidence because I wasn't sure if I was doing them right, and I'd already made about 11 at this point. I didn't know whether to carry on doing them how I'd been doing them, because even if they were wrong, at least they'd be consistently wrong. Or whether I should abandon those 11 and start again. Or keep those 11 and then carry on doing them in what I think is the correct way, and hope that when they're all joined together you won't be able to tell the difference, and it's only a blanket anyway that's going to get chucked about on the bed and slept on by two cats, one of whom will probably throw up on it, because that's what he does. I actually went for the latter option and I think I've made somewhere in the 20's now, but I still had niggling doubts about them. Plus other stuff has been happening which has kind of taken me away from it. Maybe I'll get back into it this week while I'm off work...

* * *

I also haven't been very successful with reading so far this year. I can't remember if I made any 'non-resolutions' about reading a certain number of books in 2013, but I know I definitely wanted to read something - my bookshelves are heaving!! So a few days ago I thought, right, how hard can it be to read 12 books this year, that's only one per month!? I know I've missed a couple of months already but still, I should be able to catch up no problem. So I pulled out 12 books, fairly randomly, and my aim is to read them all before the 31st December. I mean, that should be a doddle, shouldn't it? And obviously if I do read them all, then I might pull out another 12 and do the same thing. Or I might just think, ok, read as many as you want for the rest of the year. I'm going to list them on my 'Books I've Read' page, and I may even attempt a review of sorts, although my reviews are embarrassingly poor so, um, maybe I won't.

* * *

Have you ever had a meal that is so tasty, you can't wait to eat it, but at the same time, you almost don't want to eat it because you don't want it to ever end??

heaven on a plate!

This is the third time we've had this in less than a week - it's nothing fancy, just chicken and mushroom pasta with a creamy sauce, and we chucked a few peas in to pretend we were being healthy. But oh my, it's yummy, I could eat it every night of the week!

Speaking of food, we've 'let our tea go down' now, so Chris is just about to make dessert - treacle sponge pudding. I shouldn't really. But I will. Because I have the willpower of something which has no willpower at all...




Bye for now!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...