Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Skye

Well, we went to Skye today, but somehow it was a bit disapointing. I'm not sure why, I think it was just a long drive to get there, and then all we did was have a walk around Portree and then come back to the cottage. I think we should've left earlier and maybe planned a few more places to visit, but there you go. I'd also had a really bad night's sleep as I'm suffering from a sore throat; I was awake during the night and then got up quite early, but then on the way there I could hardly keep my eyes open, which was annoying because I didn't want to miss any of the scenery.

The weather had taken a turn for the worse today too, it was quite a bit cooler and eventually started to rain, and that didn't help either. We've certainly been spoiled for the last couple of days. The highlight of Portree was probably when we popped into a hotel for lunch - I had a tuna and cheese panini, Chris had cheese and ham. It was served with salad and coleslaw and was delicious!

So, after the glut of photos on the previous posts, the only one I managed to take today was this one, of the Skye Bridge, from the car as we approached it






Not sure what the plan is for tomorrow, I think we might be going to Mallaig. The weather forecast isn't very promising though, so I don't know whether I'll get many photos taken.

I feel shattered at the moment, so I'm going to put my feet up for the evening!

Spider-watch: another new visitor in the bedroom, and one in the living room...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...