Friday, 7 March 2014

Empty Shelf - Still Full

I'm still trying to do the Empty Shelf Challenge, although it's going quite slowly, and I've not been updating Twitter.



I finished The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman back in January, and the next book I picked up was Star Of The Sea by Joseph O'Connor. I didn't get very far into it at all, and after a month I abandoned it.


In the meantime, I started using Read It Swap It again, and I uploaded a few books onto there. I had a few requests to swap, and eventually I plumped for A Cold Season by Alison Littlewood, partly because the plot sounded interesting, and partly because the author lives near me!


So that was a slight detour from the (full) empty shelf, but I'll be choosing another book from there shortly.

I was going to carry on adding books to RiSi, but really I need to get rid of some books without replacing them, to make some room, so swapping isn't actually the best thing for me right now. One of my colleagues used to have a bookshelf in her office where people could supply / borrow books; we've just moved into one big office where the whole department is together, and at first she said she wasn't going to bother with the bookshelf any more. Today I asked her if she'd had second thoughts, and she grinned and pointed behind her - she'd already started it up again! So I think I'm going to take my books into work now, and add them to the shelf. It's a lot easier (and cheaper) than going to the Post Office with them.

P.S. I'll be reviewing these books properly (well, in a fashion) on my Books I've Read page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...