Saturday, 15 March 2014

Scarf, deconstructed...

Do you remember this scarf?

I never really liked it, once I'd finished it. As I mentioned in the post, it ended up quite long and stretchy. The yarn was lovely and soft, but somehow it didn't feel as nice when it was made up. Plus, I used some pink stash yarn to do a kind of border, which didn't really help it at all.

I'm afraid after I'd finished it, it just got shoved into a drawer, out of sight, out of mind. Never to be seen again, let alone worn.

The other evening, I decided to have a sort out of my stash, with a view to maybe giving away some of it to charity. I found the scarf in the drawer, and I... um... had a moment. You know, one of 'those' moments.

So this is how the scarf looks now:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:



I'm a bit annoyed that I've kind of ruined four perfectly nice balls of yarn, because I'm now left with lots of very short bits (the first rounds of the flowers), and then some slightly longer bits. But you live and learn, I guess. I'm going to have a play with it and see what I can make with those shortest bits - if there's enough to make the first couple of rounds of a granny square then it might become another scarf. Or perhaps I could manage a skinny ripple? I definitely want to use it for something!

If you have any suggestions for what I could make with it, I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...