Friday, 20 June 2014

Filofaxophile

I blame Jo*.

She's written about her Filofax before, which piqued my interest each time, but it was this post which sealed the deal.

A diary / journal / to-do list / scrapbook / notepad / purse, even, that can be customised with nice paper and stickers, and custom-made tabbed dividers, and an excuse to have multi-coloured pens to colour-coordinate your diary and lists and notes?

Yes please!!


I've shamelessly copied Jo and bought the same one that she has - a personal Malden - but mine is purple.


Look at the lovely purpleness peeping out!

I was a bit worried that it might be a bit on the big side, but I knew if I went for the pocket one I'd probably end up wishing I'd got the next size up, so I just went for that one from the off.

I commented on Jo's 'Tour' post, and she replied, suggesting I look on YouTube at filofax videos. Well. It was like stepping into another world! People (mostly American women, it seems) post videos of how they organise their planners. They (the planners) are almost bursting at the seams, they have so much stuff in them, but to someone with a stationery fetish (that's me!) all the stuff is amazing!! Cute dividers, colourful paperclips, the afore-mentioned multi-colour pens, heck I'm even partial to a post-it note that's any colour other than yellow!!

I spent some time (possibly too much) watching these videos and by the time I'd finished, I knew I had to have a Filofax.

I found the one I wanted and bought it online, and it arrived yesterday, although I waited till this evening to open it, when I had time to really savour the moment!

Hello, new favourite thing!

Inside it kind of has the basics - a week on two pages diary, address pages, website pages, to-do lists, different coloured notepaper, dividers etc - but I definitely want to add more to it. I just need to have a think about what I want to use it for, maybe make a list of different sections that I want in there. And then I'm thinking, Staples here I come! (Other stationery suppliers are available)(and will be visited).



One idea I've had already is to make my own notepaper for it. I have loads of letter-writing paper from when I used to have penpals years ago. I didn't want to part with it, but it always seemed too nice to use as scrap paper, so it's just sitting in a drawer unused. I think I might cut it down to the right size for the Personal pages, hole punch it and use it up that way. There might be a bit of wasted paper, but it's better than not using it at all.

So there it is - my gorgeous new purple Personal Malden, ready and waiting to organise my life!!





*Only joking :-) Thank you for introducing me to the Filofax world Jo, I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant. I think you've made the right choice with the Malden, I love mine, and the size too. I used to use a planner many years ago and when I decided to start using one again, I went for the pocket size, I bought a vintage pink Malden, but it soon became clear that it was too small for what I wanted. I could spend hours on You Tube watching all the videos, there's so many of them. Don't forget to do another post once you've got it all set up, I can't wait to see. Thanks for the mention too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The videos are amazing, I keep finding new ones to watch. I love all the decorated pages, although some of them are a bit OTT (but in a really good way!). I'm not sure I'll decorate mine as much as that, just because I don't know when I'll find the time! But I have been googling Washi tape and cute stationery on Etsy and other similar sites. And even though I've got a drawer full of pens, I think this is an excuse to buy some new ones!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...