Saturday, 6 September 2014

A Wonderful Thing...

... has happened.

After an emotional journey of almost two and a half years, with lots of low points and moments of despair, Chris and I finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel.

We've adopted a 9 month old boy!

He moved in with us at the end of August. I've no idea what day it is any more, and I can't remember what 'not tired' feels like. I'm loving it!

He is bright and inquisitive - he's always looking around to see what's going on, and he must've been an owl in a former life because he can almost swivel his head around 360 degrees. He has a wonderful sense of humour, with the most infectious giggle, and will play peekaboo round the back of the sofa over and over again, laughing his head off every time you jump out at him. He's walking around holding onto furniture or with the help of his baby walker, and we're sure he won't be long before he's walking unsupported. When he crawls, he's like a little pocket rocket, getting from one side of the room to the other in no time at all. He loves his food, but doesn't like having his face wiped afterwards. He sleeps right through the night for 11 hours straight, and babbles away to himself happily when he wakes up each morning. He laughs at the clock on our living room wall every day. He has six teeth. He's wonderful, and we love him.

For obvious reasons, I have to be careful about what information I reveal - there probably won't be many photos, apart from non-identifying ones - and of course I can't say his name, but I think I'll call him Junior on here, as that's how Chris and I sometimes refer to him.

I'd love to blog regularly about what we're up to, but I'm finding it hard to find the time, and when I do have time, I'm too tired to do anything really! I need to frame myself and be more proactive, and use my free time more wisely, but I'm also trying not to beat myself up about the things that aren't getting done around the house. The most important thing is to have this intensive bonding period with Junior - just him, Chris and myself. We haven't even been allowed to introduce him to family yet, but hopefully it won't be too much longer before we can start to show him off to everyone.

So if things go quiet on here again, I've actually got a really good excuse this time! I'm busy being a mum. At last.



10 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, I haven't visited your blog in ages, I stopped blogging and then started back up just over a year ago.
    Congratulations on your new son!! What lovely news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news. Many, many congratulations to you and Chris. Nine months is a brilliant age, so much fun. Don't worry about what you're not getting done, just enjoy this time because you never get it back again. I can't wait to hear more, when you get time of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. There were times when it felt like it was never going to happen, but now it feels like he's always been here. You're right, we just need to get to know each other and enjoy this time, and everything else can wait. (Writing this while he has his afternoon nap!)

      Delete
  3. Oh Michelle this is AMAZING news. congratulations to you and Chris, how gorgeous. I love Juniors little podgy hand. LOVE him.
    He is the same age as my youngest who is nine months in a week or so. she does to sleep 11 hours though and I am shattered.......
    It's amazing though isn't it?!
    so happy for,you.
    welcome to Motherhood.
    X x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gem, yes, being a mum is wonderful. To be honest, today was a bit tough, there were several 'cranky' moments, including waking up crying an hour or so after he'd gone to bed (Junior, not me, haha!). We think it's all probably teething-related, and so far it isn't happening too often, but it's awful when it does. Just hope he's settled for the rest of the night now.
      Good luck on getting some rest. I still pop in and read your blog, your littlest is gorgeous, she seems to be smiling on every single photo! xxx

      Delete
  4. ...sorry for errors.
    She does NOT sleep 11 hours...I meant.
    Yawn.
    Zzzzz
    X x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what lovely news! Congratulations to you both - enjoy, even the cranky moments seem worth it in the end!, (should I mention the 21yr old had a Very cranky moment last night...?! Still worth it honest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ayah screen froze halfway through that comment! Wasn't intending to end so abruptly! Enjoy special times ahead :)) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra - yes, all the good moments outweigh the cranky ones! Although I can't think about him still having them when he's 21 - one day at a time! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...