Monday, 3 November 2014

One

A special little man has had a very special birthday.


We still haven't finished opening presents - we're pacing it, so that he has time to play with each new toy.

There was a steady stream of visitors throughout the day, and Junior loved all the attention.

I made a chocolate fudge cake.

I piped his name on to it afterwards
I ate too much chocolate fudge cake.


It was shared with family, honest...







I can't believe that he's one already, but it doesn't feel strange. He was nine months (almost ten) when he came to us, and it just feels as though that's when his life 'began'. I never really think about those nine months when he wasn't with us. It doesn't bother me that I didn't see his first smile, or his first tooth appear, or that he'd already started walking holding onto furniture. I can still picture in my mind the smile that he gave us on the day that we met him - that was our 'first smile'. He already had six teeth, so that just seemed normal, and his seventh - yes, 7th! - tooth has just cut through, on his birthday of all days, and that's just as exciting to me as if it was his first one! A couple of weeks after he came to live with us, he was walking along behind the sofa, holding on, and then he just let go and took a few steps across the floor, unsupported. So we got to see his first 'proper' walk, and he hasn't stopped walking since! 

I can't put into words how much I love this little boy. He's changed our lives beyond all recognition. Every thought, every action, revolves around him now, and I wouldn't have it any other way.


2 comments:

  1. I feel really moved every time you blog. I bet you make the most amazing mum!!!! I also feel emotional because when I gave birth at Christmas, the lady in the next bed to me confided that she was giving up her baby for adoption. I felt very upset and often think about that baby. I hope her baby us as lucky as yours x x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, that's a lovely thing to say. I wasn't amazing this evening when he had rusk smeared all over his face! (Mummy needs to work on her aim!)

    I hope the baby found his/her forever home too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...