Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Started: 8th Jan
Finished: 14th Jan

Picture from Amazon





This was one of the first books I actually bought and downloaded onto my new Kindle. I'd heard a lot about it, especially since they've made it into a film now, and I really just wanted to see what all the fuss was about!

It's Amy and Nick's fifth wedding anniversary, and Amy suddenly disappears without trace. All the evidence seems to suggest that she's been murdered, and Nick quickly becomes prime suspect, but as each chapter unfolds (either narrated by Nick in the days following the disappearance, or as entries in Amy's diaries dating back to when they first met), we soon find out that all is definitely not as it may have seemed with this couple. There is an interesting twist about halfway through, and the ending wasn't what I was expecting, although I've never been good at guessing what might happen, or 'whodunnit'.

I really enjoyed this book. It was definitely a page-turner (or should that be a page-swiper, on a Kindle?) - I didn't want to put it down. The chapters were fairly short so it was really tempting to think "just one more..." I'm not sure if I liked the ending or not, although I can't think of a better one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...