Thursday, 1 January 2015

Happy New Year!

Just popping in quickly to say Happy New Year - I hope you had a lovely Christmas too.

Our first Christmas with our little boy was lovely and special, something we've been looking forwards to for a long time, and which at times, felt like it would never happen. He's a bit young to really understand what was happening, but he loved all the visitors and he did help with the unwrapping of presents (which lasted for three days). This was the first time since Chris and I have been together that we didn't go to our respective parents' houses - instead my mum came here on Christmas Day (which was great, but I quietly missed my dad more than ever - he would've loved Junior so much), and then Chris's mum and dad came on Boxing Day, and later his sister and her kids arrived after a day shopping the sales in York (rather them than me!).

I can't believe how quickly Christmas has been and gone, but I suppose it's the same every year. The build-up to it takes so long, and then it's all over after one day (I'm afraid I'm one of those people who always feels a bit sad from Boxing Day onwards, and then just can't wait till Spring!)

So here we are, 2015. Have you made any resolutions? I always start thinking about things I want to do, change, achieve at the start of the year, but it's usually forgotten about by February! I wrote a post at the start of 2014 with some resolutions on - at some point I'm going to have a look back and see whether I managed to stick to any of them. That should be fun!

But now, it's getting late and I think I'm going to crash on the sofa for a bit before bed.

Back soon(ish)



1 comment:

  1. Happy new year. Your first Christmas with Junior must have been very special and I bet lots of happy family memories were made. I don't really set myself resolutions but I've set myself a few fun challenges as I usually do each year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...