Tuesday, 10 February 2015

I'm-a-really-s....*

...urprised by how well my Amaryllis has grown!

Isn't it beautiful?


My auntie bought us this for Christmas. There was the bulb, in the container, with two or three compacted blocks of compost, and a plastic bag. You put the blocks into the bag with some water, where they expanded into compost, and then simply planted the bulb in the container.

I'm not at all green-fingered, but I did it all by myself, a couple of days after Christmas, and this is what it looks like now. It lives on the bathroom windowsill, but I moved it to take the photo.

I'm amazed that it's still alive!



* Did you see what I did there, in the subject line? It helps if you say it quickly. It was either that or "Is This The Way To Amaryllis?"...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...