Monday, 9 February 2015

The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson

Started: 20th Jan
Abandoned: 23rd Jan



This book is about two high school friends who are linked to the murder of one of their teachers. They claimed self-defence at the time, but the evidence suggested that the victim had been tortured. The story begins with one of the friends who is now happily married with children; the other one is just being released from prison. If I remember correctly, I believe each girl accused the other one of delivering the fatal blow.

I didn't get much further than that, I'm afraid. My guess is that the one who served time probably turned out to be innocent, and the one with the happy-ever-after lifestyle was carrying the guilty secret about what had happened. I don't know if that's actually how the story was going to pan out, and to be honest, I wasn't really interested in finding out, so I called it a day at that point.

I've read a couple of Dorothy Koomson books previously, and enjoyed them, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, I think my tastes have changed now, and this really isn't my kind of book any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...