Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Exciting Crochet News!

There has been a frisson of excitement around here just lately!

Firstly, I have actually designed my very own crocheted item - a shawl (/scarf)! I've designed it, written the pattern, made my own version of it to make sure it actually works (it does), and I have uploaded it to Ravelry.



To coincide with this, I've started a new blog - HookyHare - which I intend to use mainly for everything crochet/yarn related. I don't want to stop using this blog (although it did cross my mind), so I'm just going to try and manage them both together.

I also have a shop on Folksy - I've had it for a while, but the only things for sale have been a few facecloths. I'm going to make things and pop them in there for sale, as and when I get chance. I read somewhere that if you're trying to sell crocheted items, you should make what you enjoy, rather than just what you think will sell. Well, I really enjoy making blankets! All shapes and sizes! But obviously, they take a bit longer than a facecloth, so I think it will take some time for my shop to get stocked up. However, I have made this cute little Sweet Pea Blanket which is currently for sale:


I've just finished a second one, my Highlighter blanket, which you can read more about here.



As previously mentioned, I've started using Instagram a bit more, but that's mainly going to be for crochet/yarn related things too. There's a 'follow' link in my sidebar. Once my month-long self-imposed ban on Twitter and Facebook is over, I'm going to try and do a bit of promotion on there too. I have a Facebook page (also called Hooky Hare) where I post photos of my crochet, and link back to my Folksy shop.

The big problem that I have is that I'm terrible at the whole 'self-promotion' thing! Maybe when I have more things in my shop, I'll feel happier about directing people to it, but it's very sparse at the moment, to say the least. I also have very low self-confidence - on the one hand, I do have a lot of faith in the things that I make, but on the other hand, I doubt whether they are 'good enough'. But, I'm going to persevere, because what's the worse that could happen? If I don't sell anything, I'll end up with a house full of crocheted blankets, and that's not a bad thing, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...