Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Review: Mysteries of Winterthurn

Mysteries of Winterthurn Mysteries of Winterthurn by Joyce Carol Oates
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

I once read an article which listed a Top 10 of Gothic Novels, and Mysteries of Winterthurn was on the list. I decided to try and track it down, along with some of the others, as I thought 'Gothic' might be a genre I could be interested in.

I've had the book for two or three years, but only just got around to reading it now. Unfortunately though, I couldn't get past the first couple of pages. I couldn't get on with the Victorian style of writing (though I've been able to in other books), and I just didn't fancy the prospect of wading through all that in what is quite a hefty tome. Life's too short to read a book that you're not really enjoying!

So I've abandoned this one, I'm afraid...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...