Saturday, 5 September 2015

Strictly Come Dancing 2015 - Partner Predictions

Just for a bit of fun, I thought I'd try and predict who might be dancing with who, prior to the launch show at 7.15pm on BBC One.

I've no idea how tall anyone is, so I might be completely wrong based on heights. I also can barely remember any of the celebs from 2014, so I may have matched the pros with a similar celeb to who they had last year. But like I said, it's just a bit of fun!

So, in no particular order, these are my predictions (not even attempting to spell some of the pro dancers surnames, sorry!):

Kirsty Gallacher + Tristan
Daniel O'Donnell + Kristina
Peter Andre + Oti (new pro)
Katie Derham + Giovanni (new pro)
Georgia May Foote + Gleb (new pro)
Iwan Thomas + Janette
Anita Rani + Brendan
Jay McGuiness + Ola
Ainsley Harriott + Aliona
Carol Kirkwood + Anton
Jeremy Vine + Natalie
Kellie Bright + Kevin
Anthony Ogogo + Karen
Jamelia + Aljaz
Helen George + Pasha

I'll pop back later to reveal how wrong I am with all of these!
>
>
>
>
>
>
Haha, well I got two right, but I was miles away with the rest of them!

So the official pairings (and my initial thoughts) are:
Daniel O'Donnell and Kristina - I think he'll be the first to leave.
Kellie Bright and Kevin - Love Kevin, so I want them to do well, but I'm not sure that she'll be able to keep up. She seems fun though, so I think they'll have a good laugh along the way.
Kirsty Gallacher and Brendan - Kind of indifferent to them, but I think she'll be good
Peter Andre and Janette - I think I might have a teeny tiny soft spot for Peter Andre, I don't find him as annoying as I used to, so I think I'd like them to do well. He'll probably be good at the Latin, but struggle with the ballroom at first.
Katie Derham and Anton - Anton can't do Latin, they'll only get so far with good ballroom dances. Finding her a bit irritating so far, her smile looks too forced.
Georgia May Foote and Giovanni - They'll be cute and/or sexy and will probably go a long way
Iwan Thomas and Ola - Not sure about Iwan, think he might turn out to be a bit wooden
Anita Rani and Gleb - She seems to have a confident and determined personality, and I could see her going a long way. Gleb is gorgeous, but I hope he has a good sense of humour like Aljaz - would be a shame if Claudia and Zoe's funny comments are lost on him (and I'm sure there will be many comments from them throughout the series).
Jay McGuiness and Aliona - I'm already finding him a bit creepy, to be honest, seems like he's just there to ogle the women. Does he know Aliona got married recently?
Ainsley Harriott and Natalie - I've never really liked Ainsley, always found him a bit too OTT, but thought he was a bit calmer and quieter at the launch show, nerves maybe? As long as he keeps the gurning under control, I might be able to tolerate him.
Carol Kirkwood and Pasha - Should've known that they wouldn't want Pasha to win two years in a row, so they'll give him someone who (presumably) won't get too far. Sorry Carol.
Jeremy Vine and Karen - I think he'll give it his all, but I don't think Karen will be around for long unfortunately.
Anthony Ogogo and Oti - Seems weird to have joined a dancing show when you've got a shoulder injury, I wonder how that will impact on their first few dances? He seems keen though, so they might do pretty well.
Jamelia and Tristan - Can't decide if I like her or not, but I think she'll turn out to be pretty good
Helen George and Aljaz - I really like Aljaz, so I'd like them to go a long way. I think she'll look good, but might be a bit clumsy/make silly mistakes.

I was catching up on Twitter while they did their first group dance so I didn't really see what any of them looked like. So based on no evidence whatsoever, I'll have a complete stab in the dark at the final three and say:

Anita Rani and Gleb (winners)
Peter Andre and Janette (2nd place)
Georgia May Foote and Giovanni (3rd place)


with Jamelia and Tristan just missing out in fourth place.


Ha, I bet I regret typing that in about three month's time!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...