Friday, 18 September 2015

The 'C' Word

No, not that one. Or that one. This one:

CHRISTMAS

Yes, it's September, so I'm tentatively thinking about Christmas, specifically, Christmas presents. If I pull my finger out, there may be some 'handmade' gifts winging their way to people this year, which I'm quite excited about.

I'm also very excited about this - Jo at Through The Keyhole is organising a 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' Present Swap, and I've signed up for it. All the details are on her blog, but basically, she will match everyone up with a swap buddy, to whom you then send 12 presents. Wrapped individually, they will open one present a day, from the 25th Dec through to the 5th January. Gifts can be handmade, but if purchased should cost no more that £2, or the whole lot should cost no more than £20. So nothing extravagant, but there are still lots of nice thoughtful little gifts that cost less than a couple of quid, and I've already started thinking about things I could buy. However, I'll wait until I know who my swap buddy is - we'll have to swap addresses obviously, and I'm assuming that we might introduce ourselves and maybe say a little bit about the kind of things we like. Or maybe we'll just say "surprise me!" Either way, I'm very excited to be taking part.


Thank you to Jo for organising it.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for blogging about my swap, we've got quite a few people joining in so that's great. I really enjoyed it when Lisa and I organised it between ourselves last year and it seemed to get a good reaction when I blogged about it so I thought it would be fun to organise a swap this year. It's a great way to make new bloggy friends too, I've already found some new blogs through the people who are taking part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I'm looking forwards to it!

      Delete
  2. Hello Michelle! Nice to meet you. I'm excited to be joining in with Jo's swap too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison, nice to meet you too! I think the swap is going to be good fun :-)

      Delete
  3. Swapsies!! Got to love them; they're a fab way to meet new friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...