Saturday, 10 October 2015

Goes to show...

... you never can tell!

Oh my goodness! Jay and Aliona's Jive in Week 3, the Pulp Fiction one? How amazing was that? I can't stop watching it.

I didn't think he was going to be any good to begin with, and I'm here to hold my hands up and admit that I was wrong. Very wrong.

I still think Anita might win, but I'm now thinking she's got some serious competition from Jay. All three of his dances have been good, and tonight I think he was finally starting to look more confident in terms of finding the character of the dance.

Len said last week that he was excited about Jay, and I'm starting to feel that way too. I really want him to do well, I watched their jive with a big grin on my face because I knew what an amazing reaction it was going to get, and I was so happy for him! I also think that Aliona is a brilliant dancer and choreographer when she's given a good partner to work with (like Harry from McFly), so I hope she continues to bring out the best in Jay.

My other favourite dance was Kellie and Kevin, because I've always loved the music that they were dancing to, the Cantina Band from Star Wars.

Not sure who is going to leave on Sunday. Carol is probably the weakest dancer (even more so than Daniel O'Donnell), but I don't think Jamelia is very popular with the general public, and I also think Kirsty might not be around for long.

I'm off to watch that Jive again...

4 comments:

  1. I can't stop watching Jay's jive either, it was fantastic. I liked his waltz last week too, I think he's definitely a contender to win. I'm glad that Iwan went last week, he was really enthusiastic but it came across as cocky which got people's backs up. I think Anthony was the right one to go this week too. I see you're back at work, I hope it's all going well. It will be great Junior and Chris spending time alone, I think they build up their own relationship. I worked every Sunday from Daniel being eight months old right up until he was fifteen and Eleanor was twelve, they loved spending the day with Mick, he did things with them which I didn't so they had their own special time together and they've got a great relationship with him now. I also worked on a Monday and Tuesday but my mum looked after them then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Work is going well, thanks, and although I miss Junior, it hasn't been as difficult as I thought it might. And as you say, he gets to do different things with dad, so really he's getting the best of both worlds.

      Delete
  2. Totes agree. I love how Jay moved like a neanderthal at first (when walking) but is actually quite supple and fast. And I have no idea who is out tonight... perhaps Ainsley?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd pretty much written Jay off before he began, how wrong was I? I'm gutted that he made mistakes in his Quickstep this week, but then again, he'd be boring if he was brilliant every week, wouldn't he? ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...