Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Review: The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I had a massive book clear-out a while ago, but this was one of a few 'classic' books I kept; I don't know if classic is the right word, but those books that you feel you 'should' read, y'know? (I've also kept 1984 and Animal Farm, for example). I kept this one mostly because of the Scottish link.

But it just wasn't for me, I'm afraid. There were moments that I found mildly amusing, but on the whole, I just found it a bit boring. It sat on the bedside drawers for weeks, until I finally decided to finish it today. A couple of pages into it and I was nodding off, and then I found myself skipping to the end, skimming the paragraphs to see if anything interesting jumped out at me, but it didn't.

So although this book ticked the 'set in Scotland' box of my list of reading requirements, I'm afraid I needed a bit more than that to keep me hooked.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...