Sunday, 8 November 2015

Flying Visit...




I don't seem to be able to find much time for blogging lately! I feel busy, but it's busy in a 'lots to do' kind of way, like I've got a lot on my mind, lots of things to remember. I'm thinking about what needs doing, but not actually getting much of it done. I should write it all down, make a list, but I forget to even do that, or I do it but then forget to look at it!

It doesn't help that I've been ill for about three weeks. It started as a cold, one Friday afternoon at work. I'm so relieved that I now work on my own, in my own office, because it meant I could just shut the door and sneeze and sniffle in private. After a few days I developed a horrible chesty cough, in fact, I suspect I've had a chest infection, although I never actually got around to making an appointment with the GP. Sometimes the cough would be so bad that it would make me sick (sorry, a bit TMI). Then I got a sore throat, possibly as a result of all the coughing, and didn't eat for a day, and although it's mostly back to normal, it still hurts when I yawn, oddly enough! I had my flu jab just over a week ago, which in hindsight possibly wasn't a good idea when I wasn't very well, although I don't think I had any side-effects from it. And just yesterday I had an appointment with the practice nurse (which had been booked for a few weeks) to have a test to find out whether I've got asthma. So to say I've been a wheezy, coughing mess for the past few weeks is an understatement!

I haven't done any crochet at all since I started with the cold, which is making me a bit sad, but I knew it would frustrate me if I had to keep breaking off to cough or blow my nose. So instead I've mostly been snuggling up on the sofa with my hot water bottle, under a blanket (and a cat!), and either reading or watching tv, and just taking it easy.

Anyway, sorry for moaning about all that!

In much happier news, we've had a birthday recently - a certain little someone turned two years old! I can't believe he's two already. He got some lovely cards and pressies from all the family, and absolutely loved being the centre of attention, as always :-).
He's a little bundle of energy, completely fearless, running all over the place, climbing everything. He fell/climbed out of his cot bed the other week - I heard the thud on the monitor and I don't think I've ever got up our stairs so quickly! Thankfully he was completely uninjured - there were a few tears, but I think that was more the shock of what had just happened, and then he stopped crying and actually looked a bit pleased with himself! He hasn't done it again, but just to be on the safe side, just about every cushion we own is spread out on the floor around his cot every time he's in there.
He can count from 1 to 10 (and sometimes carries on to 20, although the numbers start to sound a bit vague after 12), and he can pretty much say the alphabet all the way through. He's saying 'mum' and 'dad' really well now - I'll never get tired of hearing him call me mum (although, when I've just popped to the bathroom and I can hear him shouting me from the living room, that's... interesting! Can't I just... you know... do this, in peace?!). He can say loads of words now, really, too many to list. He's recently started saying 'ok' when we ask him anything, or sometimes he just says 'yes' to every question.
He loves singing, and some mornings I can hear him on the monitor singing The Wheels On The Bus or Wind The Bobbin Up to himself, it's so cute! He does all the arm actions too.
If we say "can I have a kiss?" he'll come over to kiss you, and he'll make a 'mwah' sound at the same time. And we've just taught him how to blow kisses too.
He's absolutely adorable and I love him so much I could burst!!


I'm still watching Strictly, of course, and still think Jay is fantastic. I don't think I breathed during his Argentine Tango this weekend, it was mesmerising! Since I last talked all things Strictly, Ainsley has left, followed by Kirsty and Carol. Ainsley was just starting to annoy me, he didn't seem to know when to stop talking and sometimes his sincerity was a bit OTT. I never took to Kirsty at all, so I wasn't sorry to see her go. Carol was the right person to leave tonight; as happy and smiley as she is, I can't really make my mind up whether I like her or not. But dancing-wise, she was definitely the weakest one. The next person to leave probably should be Jeremy, although I am actually quite enjoying his partnership with Karen, and I feel Katie Derham might be on thin ice too. To my untrained eye, she seemed to make a lot of mistakes in their Quickstep this week, and ballroom is meant to be what she's best at, so I don't know how much longer she can hang on.

Anyway, it's going to have to be a flying visit tonight - I thought if I don't blog something soon, I'll never get around to it!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Junior, two already, time really flies, doesn't it? Sorry to hear you've been unwell, I do hope you're on the road to recovery now. I'm loving Jay in Strictly too, he's my favourite and I'd like him to win. It was a bit of a shock seeing Kelly in the dance off last night, she's a good dancer but she really gets on my nerves so perhaps she's getting on other people's nerves too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jo, yes I can't believe how quickly time is passing, but we're loving every minute of it, and I hope we're making lots of happy memories.

    I do think I'm starting to feel better now, thank goodness. I'm looking forwards to picking up my crochet hook again.

    I'm sure this week we'll see that Jay has had a visit from an acting coach - there seems to be one in nearly every series! If he does, I hope it helps with his performance, because he's certainly one of the best dancers, and if he could master the 'acting' side of things, I think he could be getting 10's every week. I know what you mean about Kelly too - I want to like her, but there's just something about her? Maybe a little bit over-confident? I can't quite put my finger on it - I don't dislike her, but she's not one of my favourites either (although I do really like Kevin).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...