Thursday, 28 January 2016

Review: The Greatcoat

The Greatcoat The Greatcoat by Helen Dunmore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is described in one review as "a perfect ghost story", so I had very high hopes. It was a ghost story, yes, but I wouldn't say it was a perfect one.

It's winter, 1952, and Isabel Carey discovers an RAF greatcoat hidden in a cupboard. She lays it over her bed for warmth, and then there is a knock at the window. A pilot. And he wants to come in...

I liked the idea of the story, but I think I just got a bit lost when it came to who was haunting who, and which memories were real or not. I wasn't too keen on Isabel's character either, or her husband.

Overall, I enjoyed this book, but the story wasn't quite what I wanted it to be.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...