Wednesday, 6 January 2016

The Twelve Days Of Christmas Present Swap (Part One)

As I've mentioned a few times, back in September I signed up to take part in Jo's Twelve Days Of Christmas present swap. At the beginning of October, she revealed who our swap partners were, and I was paired up with Cheryl, who writes My Little Piece of England. We contacted each other by email to introduce ourselves, and I also started reading Cheryl's blog to try and get to know her 'likes' and 'dislikes'.

I really enjoyed shopping for her presents. The general 'rule' of the swap was to keep the gifts to roughly £2 each, or less, or for the whole parcel to be around £20, but of course it was more about buying some nice, thoughtful presents than the actual cost. I'll write a separate post about the things that I bought Cheryl, but this post is about the lovely gifts that she sent to me. (Apologies in advance for the slightly shadowy photos - I waited until the evenings after Junior had gone to bed, and then took my photos in the living room where the lighting isn't great).


So, without further ado...

On the First Day of Christmas, Cheryl gave to me:



A lovely glass tealight holder. It has a kind of gold speckled pattern on it which hasn't shown up very well in the photo. The star shape makes it seem quite Christmassy, but of course it's something I'll be able to use all year round.

*

On the Second Day of Christmas, Cheryl gave to me:



Some yummy Toblerone chocolate, and two white chocolate coins. I know they were white chocolate, because Chris and I have eaten them already.

*

On the Third Day of Christmas, Cheryl gave to me:



A box of heart-shaped bath fizzers, which were red plum and cranberry scented. I love having a long, luxurious, indulgent soak in the bath, and these have been used already, and very nice they were too.

*

On the Fourth Day of Christmas, Cheryl gave to me:



I love Maltesers, and malt flavour drinks, but I'd never had these before. Chris and I have tried them and they're really lovely.

*

On the Fifth Day of Christmas, Cheryl gave to me:


Erm, excuse me...



Two pretty notebooks - I LOVE stationery, so these are right up my street. I'll have a good think about what I can use them for - writing down my crochet projects, maybe?

*

On the Sixth Day of Christmas, Cheryl gave to me:



A large chocolate coin, and two smaller ones - yum! Amazingly, these haven't been eaten yet!

*

On the Seventh Day of Christmas, Cheryl gave to me:



PENS!!! Spotty, stripey, pretty colourful pens! Have I mentioned that I LOVE stationery? Well, I do, and I LOVE new pens! Can't wait to try them out, maybe in my new notebooks perhaps?  :-)

*

On the Eighth Day of Christmas, Cheryl gave to me:



A pocket diary with a cute kitten on the cover, plus a pen. I must admit, I've been thinking about trying to keep a food diary, where you write down everything you eat during the day to monitor your intake and eating habits*. This could be just the thing, as it's small enough to carry with me when I'm out or at work, as well as keeping it close to hand when I'm at home.

(*Spot the "I've eaten my own body weight in chocolate over Christmas" guilty conscience)


*

On the Ninth Day of Christmas, Cheryl gave to me:



A box of Toffifee chocolates, yum! These didn't last long...

*

On the Tenth Day of Christmas, Cheryl gave to me:



A little handwarmer in the shape of a hot water bottle, complete with knitted cover - so cute!

*

On the Eleventh Day of Christmas, Cheryl gave to me:



Some very tasty chocolate chip cookies!

*

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, Cheryl gave to me:



A cute hanging heart picture frame. We've got so many photos of Junior, I'm sure I'll be able to find one to fit in here perfectly.

And that's it, the last present opened! They've all been so lovely and thoughtful, and I've really enjoyed doing this swap. I would've liked to have done one final photo of all of my gifts together, but, um, some of the chocolate ones have disappeared already....

Thanks again to Jo for organising the swap in the first place, and of course thank you to Cheryl for my lovely presents - I hope you are pleased with yours too.





3 comments:

  1. I love my presents Michelle and had so much pleasure opening one each evening. I have to ask about the decorations, did you make them yourself, they're gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked your presents Cheryl. As for the decorations, no I didn't make them, but I'm flattered that you thought I could! xx

      Delete
  2. You're welcome, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the swap. You received some lovely gifts, I'm really enjoying visiting everyone's blog and seeing what they got.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...