Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Hiatus

I've reluctantly come to the decision that I'm going to put this blog on an indefinite hiatus.

I feel as though I don't have time to write any more, or rather, I'd prefer to spend what little spare time I have doing something else (crochet, mainly). I also feel as though I don't have as much to write about. Even though I'm probably busier now than I've ever been in terms of doing 'family' things - days out, holidays, fun days at home etc - the fact that I want to keep that part of my life fairly private means that it's actually quite hard to write about any of it.

As I said, I still love doing crochet, although I seem to have lots of WIPs and not many finished objects to show. I mostly crochet after Junior has gone to bed, but not every evening - a lot of the time I'm too tired, or occasionally I might decide to have an evening of reading instead (or I might have some boring but necessary admin or houseworky stuff to do). I've been trying to get into using Instagram to take photos of my crochet, but my posts on there are very few and far between at the moment. There's no denying it's a lot quicker than blogging though.

I think I will continue to record my 'books read' and 'dvds watched' in 2016 on the blog, if only for the sake of completeness - I've started it, so I might as well finish it. My reviews aren't great by any means, but I think it would be a shame to just abandon them half way through.

There are still a few favourite blogs that I enjoy reading, and I'll make sure I have them bookmarked (I usually get to them through the list in the sidebar, but if I don't visit my own blog as much, I'll need another way of finding them). But really, I'd like to spend less time on my computer, even if that means less blog-reading. Even though I've talked about wanting to use Instagram, there's a part of me that is increasingly feeling like I want - need - to take a big step away from all social media. I've tried quitting Twitter and Facebook in the past, but only ever for a month or so at a time. I kind of want to stay connected, but at the same time I want to shut out all the bad news, all the nastiness, all the inane showbiz stories (I'll read something about a Z-list celeb and then think "that's five minutes of my life I won't get back, why did I bother to read it?"). I'd love to just switch off from it all, and immerse myself in my spare time in crochet and reading. But then, when you're, say, in the dentists waiting room and you've got a few minutes, it's handy to just have a quick scroll through Twitter on your phone, isn't it? Soooo, I don't know if I'll ever be able to give it up completely...

If I do feel the urge to start blogging again, I think it will be on my other blog HookyHare, and the focus will probably be mainly crochet/crafts (plus it's the same name as my Instagram, and I quite like the idea of having one 'identity'). Or maybe one day I'll come back to this blog? Never say never.

But for now, bye bye xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...