Friday, 15 July 2016

Review: The Thirteenth Tale

The Thirteenth Tale The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
My rating: 4 of 5 stars





View all my reviews



I saw an adaptation of this on TV a couple of years ago, starring the brilliant Olivia Colman, but as I have a memory like a sieve I'd forgotten a lot of the plot, so it didn't spoil my reading of the book (I'm not even sure how closely they stuck to the story anyway).

Margaret Lea is investigating Angelfield House, and the March family who once lived there, as the dying request of a famous author. Margaret has her own troubled past, which is part of what draws her into the history of the house and it's occupants.

There were quite a few names and dates to keep up with throughout the book, and I think I sometimes got a bit confused about who people were, and when did this or that event happen. A very enjoyable book though, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...